Proposition 46 updateJust around the corner is the election and the fight to oppose Proposition 46 has gained momentum. A recent poll determined that 50% are opposed to Proposition 46. We stand a good chance of winning this battle.
There is still much to be done before November 4, 2014. We must continue the campaign to notify everyone we know. Go to www.NOon46.com for all the material you need to inform your friends, family and patients. You can order the material and it will be in your office in a few days. Your county medical society office should also have the same material for pick-up. I just picked up a lawn sign for my office and house. My medical society even came to my office to deliver No on 46 material. Also, on the website, you can donate what you can to defeat Prop 46. No amount is too little. We have raised over 50 million dollars to mount to an already impressive media campaign. We have spent over 47 million so far so more donations are needed. You should be seeing the TV, billboard and radio commercials in your area. These are your dollars at work. The yes on Prop 46 people have raised almost 10 million dollars. They have been relatively quiet so expect a strong media campaign closer to election time.
Here are a few recent updates on Prop 46 from my medical society:
- The Los Angeles Times has joined with every other major paper in the state by taking a NO position on Prop. 46, including the San Francisco Chronicle, Contra Costa Times, Oakland Tribune, Sacramento Bee, San Jose Mercury News and the Los Angeles News Group.
- Are You Wearing Your “No on 46” Button?
- Latest Polling Numbers: No on Prop 46 = 50% // Yes on Prop 46 = 37% // Don’t Know = 12%
- Need bumper stickers, “No on 46” buttons, “Ask Me” buttons, patient brochures in English and Spanish, lab coat cards in English and Spanish, posters, starter kits, office kits, hospital kits? Go to www.NOon46.com.
- Contribute to the campaign: www.NOon46.com or drop your contribution off at the medical society offices.
- Engage your colleagues, patients, friends, family, and neighbors: Prop 46: increased costs, losing your doctor, and threatening your privacy.
Jeffrey Young, MD